Flexible palletizing equipment helping you to reduce costs:
Flexicell is a palletizer manufacturer and robotic integrator, providing automated palletizing systems. By using proven technology for palletization, you gain these benefits:
- Reduce costs associated with labor and inefficiency.
- Reliable palletizers that will serve you well into the future.
- Flexibility for the handling of different shapes, sizes, and weights for one or more lines.
- Low maintenance requirements and tireless automation keeps downtime to a minimum.
- Improve safety with a palletizing method that reduces heavy lifting, noise and repetitive motion problems
There are distinct advantages of using robots for palletization. A conventional palletizing system takes up more space and only performs one operation at a time. If a product or pallet pattern changes, the conventional palletizer would have to be re-engineered. At a fraction of the cost, a robotic palletizer adapts to changes with only reprogramming and, if needed, a new end of arm tool (EOAT). Robotic palletizing cannot match the sheer speed of fixed automation, but with the advances in EOAT technology it is not far behind; the benefits you gain with a robot palletizing your products far outweighs those concerns.
How Robotic Palletizing Systems Work
A workspace for the robot, or "cell", is built by Flexicell for handling the products. Packages of your product are transported to the cell by conveyor. Once the packages are in the cell they are arranged to be picked. The robot will then palletize them, moving them from the conveyor to a pre-determined pattern on the pallet. Once the pallet is full it is moved out of the cell to the next stage of the palletizing system, usually stretch-wrapping. Pallet handling can be done by conveyor, transfer cart, or automated guided vehicle. Whichever pallet mover is used, the system is automated to coordinate with the robot’s actions and the speed at which packages are to be palletized.
Different product types typically have different requirements. For example, a bag palletizer could require a slip sheet placed on the pallet whereas a case palletizer for open-top trays would need tier sheets between each layer, both of which can be placed by the robot. Please see the corresponding product type page for your product to get more information.
How the Palletizing Machine Works
The robot is chosen based on requirements such as the speed, product weight, and size of the packages. An end of arm tooling (EOAT) is fabricated by Flexicell for handling the packages, and sometimes empty pallets, slip sheets, or another package type. The pallet pattern and duties for the palletizing robot to perform are programmed in; an operator controls everything with an easy-to-use human machine interface (HMI). The robot interfaces with other parts of the system to create a smart, adaptable palletizer.
Automatic Palletizers By Flexicell
- Flexible for changes to case or pallet pattern varieties; capable of mixed loads
- The best current technology; highly-customizable servo-powered robots
- High quality; Flexicell is the manufacturer of most of the equipment
- Continuous operation; robots don't take breaks
- Low cost of ownership; very low maintenance requirements
- Energy efficient; low energy consumption
- Low level or high level infeed capability
- Accurate sorting of single infeed with multiple barcodes
- Industry standard construction and materials; corrosive-resistant and/or sanitary washdown stainless steel available
- User-friendly interfaces and controls with multiple-level operator and maintenance screens
Optional Additions to Palletizing Systems:
- Automatic pallet dispensing
- Slip sheet placement
- Pallet transfer conveyors
- Tier sheet insertion – single or multiple
- Full pallet accumulation
- Variable pattern placement programming
- Transfer carts
- Mixed load pallets
- Automatic guided vehicles (AGVs)
- Palletizing robots
- Automatic guided vehicles
- Pallet dispensers/magazines
- Transfer carts
- Safety guards (required)
- Stretch wrappers